Business Quote Homeowners Quote Automobile Quote Life & Health Quote

Whether you own or rent your home, you want to protect your investments. Getting the right insurance policy is a great way to safeguard the place you call home. But what’s the difference between renters and homeowners insurance?

Renters Insurance

Your landlord is responsible for insuring the building structures and any common areas, including parking lots, walkways and community amenities. However, your personal belongings inside of your unit must be insured privately. While there are no laws forcing you to purchase renters insurance, some landlords do require you to provide proof of coverage.

In the event of a covered loss, renters insurance can cover the costs of repairing or replacing your belongings. Many policies also include liability coverage, which protects you against the expenses associated with a guest getting injured or suffering property damage inside of your unit. Renters insurance packs in a lot of value for its price, which is often under $200 per year.

Homeowners Insurance

Homeowners insurance is more comprehensive since you own the property and everything within. Coverage includes the structure of the home, any additional structures (fences, sheds etc.) and your personal belongings, called contents. However, standard homeowners policies have limited contents insurance and, oftentimes, more is necessary to fully cover furniture, artwork, electronics, kitchen appliances, clothing etc.

Extra contents insurance can often be added onto a homeowners policy as a rider. You may also need riders for certain hobbies—such as golf equipment, custom-designed bicycles, taxidermy collections etc.—or high-value items—such as fur coats, jewelry etc. This contents coverage, in effect, is very similar to renters insurance in the sense that it covers items within a structure.

Homeowners insurance also includes liability coverage, similar to that of renters insurance, but often with higher limits. You may need liability coverage if you have a pool and/or trampoline due to the increased risk of injury.

Ask us about the right policy for your needs. Call All About Insurance at (817) 589-0006 for more information on Dallas renters insurance.

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2020
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013
  • 2012
  • 2011
  • 2010

View Mobile Version
Quick Links Our Latest Blog Featured Service
Make a Payment
Employee Directory
Our Reviews
Mechanical Inspection
Featured Service
Need help assessing your vehicle's repairs? Let us evaluate it for you.
read more... learn more...
Home|Locations|Get a Quote|Employees|Make a Payment|File a Claim|Testimonials|About|Contact
dotted divider
Mid-Cities Location
7716 Glenview Dr.
Richland Hills, TX 76180
Phone: (817) 589-0006
Fort Worth Location
5840 Jacksboro Hwy
Fort Worth, TX 76114
Phone: (817) 626-3339
Mansfield/Arlington Location
1209 N Highway 157
Mansfield, TX 76063
Phone: (817) 453-5524
Serving the Dallas-Fort Worth area in Texas.
© Copyright 2017. All rights reserved. Powered by Insurance Website Builder
Social Networking Review us on Google Blog RSS Feed Follow on Twitter Connect on LinkedIn Like us on Facebook