Personal watercrafts, such as Jet Skis, are a common partner to boats and are used by millions of people for a fun summer cool down. In fact, about a third of all new boat purchases in the US are Jet Skis. One of the best ways you can protect your aquatic investment is to insure it. And, while you are not legally mandated to purchase Jet Ski insurance, many lenders will require you to own it until you’ve repaid your loan. Not to mention, murky waters, rocks, fallen branches, trailer accidents and other Jet Skiers can all risk the integrity of your watercraft.
But isn’t insurance expensive? Not when your independent insurance agent helps you find the best deal! Jet Ski insurance rates are determined by a variety of factors, including make, model, engine size and where it’s stored when not in use. If the conditions are right, you could pay less than $1 per day.
Just like with any other type of insurance, Jet Ski insurance has many different coverage options for you to consider. Some of those options are as follows:
· Liability: Covers the damage you cause, both personal property and bodily injury, during an accident. This coverage is designed to protect third parties and does not cover the damage done to your own watercraft.
· Property: Covers damages to your watercraft sustained during an at-fault accident.
· Medical payments: Covers your medical expenses in the event that you’re injured in an accident.
· Water sports liability: Covers damages caused by someone towed by your watercraft, such as a water-skier or wake boarder.
· Pollution liability: Covers unintentional fuel or oil spills that you are liable for cleaning.
· Uninsured watercraft: Covers damages or injuries that you sustain during an accident caused by an uninsured watercraft operator.
· Towing and assistance: Covers necessary towing on land or in the water.
· Trailer: Covers the trailer you use to transport your watercraft.
Not sure which coverage you need to ride the waves with peace of mind? Our agents are happy to discuss these (and more) options with you and help you select the best policy for your needs.
Enjoy the sunshine on the lake. Call All About Insurance at (817) 589-0006 for more information on Dallas jet ski insurance.