Reducing your auto insurance premium can be easy if you know what to ask for. Your rate is calculated based on hundreds of individual factors, which include your driving record, demographics, occupation and more. Ask your independent agent about the following ways to start saving:
- Pay annually: Every time you make a payment, your insurer must expend resources to process it. Therefore, the less payments you make, the less your insurer must spend on you. Making annual or biannual payments, as opposed to monthly payments, can lead to savings due to the reduced investment in payment processing.
- Bundle policies: As a thank you for the expanded business, insurers will often offer savings if you bundle multiple policies together in one portfolio. The most common bundles are home, auto and life, but you can add virtually anything to your package for across-the-board savings.
- Maintain your driving record and credit score: The lower the risk you pose, the lower your premium will be. A person with a driving record free of tickets and accidents, along with a good credit score to prove responsibility, will typically have a lower premium than a person with marred records.
- Minimize coverage on older cars: Some older cars would cost more to repair than the car is worth, making collision or comprehensive coverage unnecessary. If you own an older car, you may want to consider purchasing only the required amount of liability coverage to save money so you can buy a new car once your current one kicks the bucket.
- Ask about discounts: Many insurers offer discounts, but you may never know if you’re eligible to receive any until you ask. Call your agent to learn more about good driver, loyalty, senior, good student, military, teacher and more discounts.
Learn how you could save today! Call All About Insurance at (817) 589-0006 for more information on Dallas auto insurance.